The clock has a circular dial whose circumference is divided into 60 equal divisions, called minute divisions. The clock has two hands which move around the circular dial. The smaller and slow hand is called hour hand. The larger and fast hand is called the minute hand. The minute hand moves around the whole circumference of clock once in one hour. The hour hand moves around the whole circumference of the clock once in twelve hours.
Key points to remember :
1) A clock is divided into 60 equal minute divisions.
2) 1 minute division = (360°/60)= 6 apart.
3) The clock has 12 hours numbered from 1 to 12, serially arranged.
4) The minute hand is twelve times faster than hour hand.
5) In one minute, the minute hand moves one minute division = 6°.
6) In one minute, the hour hand moves (1/2°)
7) In one minute, the minute hand gains 5 (1/2°)more than hour hand.
8) In every hour, both the hands coincide once.
9) Angle traced by minute hand in 60 minutes = 360°